Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Village

I landed on one of their wood docks and stepped off the rocking boat. I knock on the wood door leading to the village. The wall looked very old and was covered in green vines. The village seemed isolated from the growing world around it. A lady came to the door and opened it she was very nice and invited me to come and see her house. She said I could stay a night and a day and show me their way of life in the village. The house was not very big it had two bedrooms and one kitchen and a dining room. All of the doors had a wood frame and were coated in white blurry skins. Since the family was using the bedrooms I slept on a rug with blankets over me. The next morning I had to use the bathroom which was outside in a little shack. It had a wood plank with a hole to sit on. After I went to the bathroom the nice lady took me straight to what work was like. It began with easy stuff in the morning such as milking the cow and picking up eggs from chickens. Later we were working in the vineyard to find tea to drink. After a long hard working day it was time for me to arrive at my final destination, Nanjing. So I set out on my little sail boat once again the on the river hurling toward Nanjing. Nanjing was not very far from where the village was so it wouldn’t take to long.

No comments:

Post a Comment