Tuesday 24 March 2015

the last day, finally home


  1. It is the last day of my journey, and I have just left the beach.  I don’t know what time I will be at the three gorges dam, but I know I will be there soon.  I can guess there are a few more obstacles I will have to go through, but I’m ready for them.  I get to another small bend, but it is a little bit challenging to get around.  When I finally get around the bend, I see some dolphins (I think), but I stay clear incase they are not dolphins.  As I go farther, it seems like the dolphins (as I thought) were following me, and I started getting worried.  I went farther and farther, but it still looked like they were following me.  I tried making loud noises, but that didn’t work, so then I spooked them off by throwing rocks into the water.  When the dolphins finally leave, I go back to my journey.  It is noon by now and I know I’m almost to my destination.  There are trees everywhere along the mountain going around the river.  The mountains are getting smaller, but it is still foggy.  I can see some rice plants, so I suspect there is a village, but I don’t see one.  There might be a village farther into the mountain, but I don’t stop to look.  I can hear more birds, so I think that I must be getting closer to the three gorges.  In fact I can see the main village, and I can barely wait to land.  I am just arriving at the docking beach, when my family greets me, and I am finally at the three gorges dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment