Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Last Place Ever


I arrived at my final and most exciting destination, Nanjing. As I got closer to Nanjing I could hear the shouts and songs of the large city, Nanjing. As I pulled up to one of the large docks of the Nanjing harbor I jumped off and immediately began to explore my last destination. There is tons of temples all lit up by candles and lanterns. I arrived just in Time for one of their festivals the Lantern Festival. Hundreds of the city’s residents were letting lanterns go lighting up the city even more. The by far has been my favorite place in my journey. The city has many snaking rivers through it so it’s easy to travel on water. It’s amazing how active this city is even in the night. This is so busy during this awesome celebration. As I walk down the small stone walkways. I see many small houses and tea stores. I love the peace of the city and how so many people are nice and welcoming. As I walk people wave and smile as I walk past their shop or house. This is my last night here and I’m a little sad to leave this beautiful place. I found a nice little place to sleep when one of the residents invited me to sleep with them since I didn’t have a place to sleep. As I get back on my boat toward Shanghai where my original home is I get a little sad and will miss this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment