Tuesday 24 March 2015

The First Leg Of My Journey

  1. Hello, I am Elog and I will be telling you about my journeys along the Yangtze river.  I will be traveling from Yichang to The Three Gorges Dam.  Today, the first day of my journey, at Yichang, I have seen many wonderful things.  I got into my little boat and started going down the river.  There are mountains, trees, and new animals.  The mountains are big and green.  There are dolphins and alligators and some ugly looking fish.  I have been told that there is a cave, but that it’s a waste of time.  I have also Been told of some rock that is very, very tall, and I might stop to look at it.  Traveling down the river I can see that there are a few people traveling too, but only about two every 5 minutes.  All of the mountains are surrounding the river and they look like there have been some landslides but they look pretty strong, and not like they are going to slide again for a long time.  As I am getting farther from my starting point I realize that it will be important to find as much food as I can.  I get to a place where there is a little beach and rest for a little bit on land, then a few minutes later get back in the river.  There are some villages that I can see in the distance and one temple.  There are people collecting things in the mountains.  They look to all be gathering rice, and they might sell the rice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment