Tuesday 24 March 2015

a second day a second adventure

Today I went to some of the rice fields and bought a big bowl of rice from the people for 3 yuan.  I have brought some more food, and by the time I get to the three gorges dam, it will probably be all gone.  The other food that I have is some seaweed, fish and some meat.  Some of the animals that I have seen are weird fish that I can’t put a name on, and some other deer looking (probably) animals.  There are also some birds that have been  flying and chirping.  Some places on the river have been bumpy or very shallow but most of the way so far has been easy.  I am still in Yichang and estimate that I will be at the three gorges dam in about two days at the rate I am going at.  I have heard that the river gets wider at the three gorges.  I am looking forward to seeing the three gorges and I am sure that I will be getting to more rough waters soon.  I heard from the people that there are some more villages up ahead where I can restock on food.  I am seeing some rocks up ahead, so I feel that that is where there are going to be some problems.  I am just getting up to the side of the river where there is another small beach, and I will try to find some edible plants for maybe the rest of my journey to the gorges.

No comments:

Post a Comment